Public Comment Form:
The City and the Advisory Committee encourage residents to review the documents and make comments.Click the link below to leave comments!
Comprehensive Plan Workshops
Thank you to everyone who was able to provide feedback at the public workshops on March 1st & 2nd and the online survey!
Recordings of the workshops are on the City's YouTube channel and are available below!
- Monday March 1st Public Workshop (Wards 1,2,3, and 4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmnIEEQB8Y
- Tuesday March 2nd Public Workshop (Wards 5 & 6): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4QTetZF0mE
Other information related to the public workshops and online survey can be found below.
- Public Workshops Public Chat: 21012_COP_Comp Plan_Zoom Chat_2021-03-01 and 2021-03-02.pdf
- Public Workshops Poll Results: 21012_COP_Comp Plan_Zoom Polls.pdf
- Online Survey Results: 2021_03_04 Comp Plan Survey Final Summary.pdf
Weren’t able to provide your thoughts? There are still opportunities to participate by leaving feedback via this link https://www.cityofplattsburgh-ny.gov/.../public-comment... or by attending Late Night for the Planet on Tuesday, March 9th at 8pm on Facebook Live!
The City of Plattsburgh is a community extraordinary in its orientation to Lake Champlain and the Saranac River that possesses rich environmental, recreational, historical, cultural, artistic, and economic resources. Our trails, parks, marinas, and boat launches will maximize access to our waterways, creating unforgettable recreational experiences and optimizing permanent public access. This is the vision statement from the City of Plattsburgh’s draft Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP). The purpose of the program is to outline a vision for the city’s waterfront, set forth policies and a management structure to implement the program, and identify key projects that will increase access to the waterfront, promote recreational opportunities as well as preserve the land for future generations.
In 2018 the city received a second EPF LWRP grant to finalize the document as well as update the city’s Comprehensive Plan and city codes. A committee of sixteen community members has been assembled to advise the process and a team of consultants led by Saratoga Associates will be responsible for completing the project.
Coordinating development of the LWRP with the Comprehensive Plan and city code updates is an excellent way to ensure that the City’s planning and regulatory framework will meet the City’s goals for revitalization of the waterfront and support the natural, cultural, and economic resources so vital to the City’s future.
Public Advisory Committee Information
Meeting updates and other information from the PAC are below.
- 4-22-20 Kickoff meeting notes.pdf
- 5-6-20-LWRP review meeting notes.pdf
- PPT for visioning fun sheet.pdf
- COP Stakeholder Survey Summary Dec 2020.pdf
- Draft LWRP - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfgzrd23xalxtlc/Plattsburgh%20LWRP%20-%202016%20DRAFT.pdf?dl=0
- Current Zoning Code - https://www.ecode360.com/PL0920
- Current Comprehensive Plan - Comprehensive Plan for City-1999.pdf
- Common Council Visioning Session - Common Council Visioning Session September 2020.pdf
- Planning Board Visioning Session - Planning Board Visioning Session.pdf